Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Not So Traditional

One of the biggest misconceptions about me and my cakes is that I don't create "traditional" cakes since almost everything on my website is colorful and funky.

I absolutely create simple, elegant and traditional wedding cakes. To be honest with you, I pick and choose what goes on my website. I feel that if I can display the fact that I create the fun funky things, my clients can assume I would be able to create something simple as well.

Truth is I am young, I am a little cutting edge and I am very artistic. Clients come to Sheri's Edible Designs for a number of reasons. One being they want the best tasting wedding cake they have ever had (shameless plug :) but true) and another because they want a wedding cake that is stylish and has never been seen before.

I give my clients what they want. If you want a 10 foot tall sand castle, then by-golly, you are going to get a 10 foot tall sand castle. There really truly is little limit to what can be created with cake!

I want to share with you a couple wedding cakes from this past weekend that do not fit into the "traditional category". I really loved both of these cakes. They could easily pass for party cakes but were chosen for weddings.


Congratulations to both of these wonderful couples! It was my pleasure to work with you!



No comments: