Monday, September 29, 2008

Congratulations September 27 and 28 Married Couples!

What a weekend! It was beautiful here in Hilton Head this past weekend. Perfect weather and temperatures. As for wedding weather, it couldn't be beat!

Before I get to the photos of the wedding cakes from this past weekend, let me first tell you that I will never get tired of seeing wedding receptions being set up. I have had the opportunity to see every wedding venue decorated in all its wedding splendor over the course of my professional career, but I have also had the opportunity to see them transformed several times. It is so neat how one space can be made to look completely different depending on decor. For instance, I delivered a cake last weekend to a venue where there was nothing but color. Flowers, linens, center pieces, it was really a beautiful colorful wedding. This past weekend I delivered a cake to the same location where the color scheme was black and white. It was an equally beautiful wedding, but made the space look completely different. I am always excited to see what my couples dream up for their special day.

Now, a little congrats to the married couples of this weekend!


Kim and Cris- Moreland Landing, Palmetto Bluff


Kim and Cris are biologists and wanted cakes to represent their shared passion.








Janee and Jessy- Vic's on the River- Savannah, GA


I did not have the opportunity to meet Janee and Jessy, which is common practice for destination weddings. The theme of this wedding was definitely pink. I hope I created a cake they will remember forever!







Tanya and Sean- Callawassie Island Country Club- Callawassie Island, SC


Tanya and Sean are a great couple. We had been going back and forth regarding cake design for months now. The unique thing is Tanya herself is a personal chef and is very familiar with the world of pastry arts. Tanya said to me one day " I really think I want something that I could not create myself". I certainly hope I lived up to the challenge! Tanya and Sean's wedding cake had a textured butter cream finish adorned with over 100 hand made sugar flowers.






Andrea and Travis- Plantation Club- Sea Pines Plantation- Hilton Head Island, SC


Andrea and Travis had a black and white themed reception and opted for cupcakes in place of a traditional stacked cake. There were 200 cupcakes, topped with chocolate curls and shavings. The topper cake was white butter cream with a black sugar paste bow. Congratulations you two!






Tammy and Pam- Private Residence in Palmetto Dunes- Hilton Head Island, SC

Tammy and Pam are a wonderful couple. They chose to hold their commitment ceremony on a private section of beach in beautiful Palmetto Dunes with the reception following in a "MTV Cribs" style ocean front home they rented for the week. This is common in Hilton Head to rent a beach home and invite friends and family to stay the remainder of the week following your event. Tammy and Pam were so much fun and I hope they loved their cake as much as I loved creating it!


No comments: