Friday, August 8, 2008

Hello

Hello Everyone!

Sheri thought I should introduce myself to some of you who don't know me. My name is Gary, or 'Gary-Alice' as Sheri refers to me (guess you will have to watch 'Ace of Cakes' to get that one). I am Sheri's assistant. I can be found delivering cakes with (or without) Sheri at times. I can also be found washing her dishes, cleaning her floors, vacuuming out her Kia, doing her taxes, keeping her webpage up and running, working on her new cake studio, ordering, calling suppliers, doing her laundry, or being yelled at when it's 1 AM and she's putting finishing touches on a cake for the next day and she's exhausted. I'm also her husband. :)

You'll be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of Sheri and her work. I've watched her talent blossom over the past several years. I've enjoyed making family trips to different parts of the South so Sheri could learn new skills. I've watched her create just about every cake that has left her studio. I have missed a few but she is always quick to sit me down when she gets home to show me the pictures she took of her work (and there are always lots of pictures). I'm proud of her work and who she is, not only as a cake artist, but as a wife and mother.

Just thought I'd say hello. I look forward to seeing all of you soon.

Gary

Me in uniform :) ------------------->

No comments: