Saturday, May 7, 2011

Welcome to May 2011- and my 100th blog post!!

Welcome to May 2011- where there is pretty much a wedding for every day of the week! I love May in the lowcountry. The weather couldn't be better, the landscape is at it's best and my clients are making their wedding day dreams come true!

I have a very personal connection to this weeks clients. They are some of the greatest I have ever come to know. I was happy to have been given the opportunity to create their wedding cakes, get a peek into their lives and make them incredibly happy through my craft.

Joy and Dennis- Port Royal Golf Club

Joy and Dennis are incredible people! Other vendors and I have said Joy should be a wedding planner! Her meticulous attention to details, both large and small, are amazing! She was so on top of things through out the planning process! I never had a doubt that together Joy and I would design the perfect cake for her! Joy and Dennis had a 4 tier cake with shimmering ivory butter cream, white embroidered piping detail, spice colored fondant ribbon border and 7 very beautiful sugar flowers inspired by the south with a spice colored center, spice colored monkey tails and white curly willow. I absolutely LOVED this cake and I hope they did too!






Suzie and Alan- Dataw Island Club, Tabby Room

Suzie has been incredible to work with! She has very a simple and elegant taste and wanted to reflect that in her cake. She favored a 3 tier cake with ivory butter cream, coral colored fondant ribbon border, white pearl border and intricate coral colored piping. Live white and yellow roses finished the look. Congrats Suzie and Alan!




Susan and Jordan- Windows on the Waterway, Hilton Head Plantation


Susan and Jordan are great! One tasting and design consultation was all it took to give them the wedding cake of their dreams! This cake was very simple, but unique in it's own right. 3 tier finished in smooth white butter cream with a pearlized fondant ribbon border at the base of the bottom and top tiers, white sugar pearls on top and bottom tier and a navy fondant sash with a knot and a ribbon tie hugging the middle tier. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cake!!



Amy and Peter- Coastal Discovery Museum @ Honey Horn Plantation

I have to say I have never had the opportunity to meet Amy and Peter in person. Their circumstances required conversation by phone and email only. I really love Amy's style and how she put together one of the most beautiful wedding receptions I have ever seen! I wish I had a chance to meet her, but I love her cake and hope she did too! This cake is a 3 tier cake with ivory, white and dark butter colored sugar embellishments and an embroidered lace design piped on the sides of the tiers. Very classic and vintage yet modern and sophisticated while still fun. Imagine that!





No comments: