Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Whirlwind Wedding Weekend!

Wow what a week! This time of year is really busy for weddings and this weekend was no exception. I had 11 cakes go out this week, most of which were adorned with custom handmade sugar pieces such as bows and flowers.

While I do typically limit the number of commitments I accept for a given date, for every cake I took on for this weekend, I was forced to turn 2 away. I don't blame the brides for choosing this weekend to get married. After all, it is in the 80's with mild humidity and beautiful breezes....not to mention I was born on this weekend 25 years ago...has to count for something right?

So with 11 cakes, 100 sugar flowers, my birthday and a Death by Chocolate fundraiser (which I will blog separately), it's no wonder I need to put my feet up....oh and I guess it doesn't help I am nearly 7 months pregnant....

Not complaining at all....just relishing in the fact that all that was going on and not one ounce of quality was compromised. It just meant I worked a little harder this week, that's all. I respect my clients and the fact they have put trust in me to be part of their most special day.

Here are some pictures of the beautiful wedding cakes!














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri! everyone loved the cake! david and i cake wait to eat the anniversary cake! thanks again for all of your help! the cake was absolutely beautiful!

Ashley 'Marx' Marshall

Susan/SC said...

I have had the best time looking at all the cakes on your blog. Makes me wish I was getting married (but that's already done!). You do great work - thanks for taking the time to share it.