Monday, November 17, 2008

The Design Process At Sheri's Edible Designs

Jill has been a great client! She and her fiance Les were married Sunday November 16, 2008 at the Inn at Palmetto Bluff. We met several months ago to begin the design process for her wedding cake. She brought me several ideas and I took certain design elements I know she loved and combined them to create her final wedding cake design. We started with a series of sketches in different shape and size combinations until she decided what shape she wanted her cake to have. From the shape meeting, we discussed design elements, colors, textures, patterns and height. Her color ideas for her cake were creams, ivories and chocolate brown. Her wedding colors were various shades of browns, coppers and ivory and cream. Below I have attached photos of the inspiration for her design as well as the sketch I created for her, and now her final product on her wedding day! Enjoy.


Click on any of the photos below to enlarge for viewing detail.

Jill's Cake Inspiration:

(images courtesy of theknot.com Real Weddings)









The final design created for Jill based on her inspiration photos given to me:






The Final Product in person on Jill's wedding day:










Congratulations Jill and Les! Your wedding was beautiful!!! I very much enjoyed creating your wedding cake :)



Here's a lovely note I received today from Jill-

Hi Sheri-
I wanted to drop you a line to thank you for the gorgeous cake you
created for me for my wedding. It was not only beautiful but, also very
tasty. I had several emails from guests following the wedding raving
that it was the best cake they ever had. I really enjoyed working with
you and I appreciate all the time you spent with me to get my cake
design underway. It was truly amazing!

~Jill

No comments: