Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Flowers and Beach- it's what Hilton Head Brides love best!

Last weekend was full of flowers and sea shells as our clients were married in all of Hilton Head Island's splendor.


Brittany and Joel- Moss Creek Plantation- Hilton Head Island/Bluffton, SC


Brittany and Joel kept things natural. By using shades of ivory and natural greenery, they incorporated textures in a lot of the aspects of their wedding. Table linens, florals, centerpieces and the most obvious....the cake. This 3 tier white butter cream with ivory horizontal stripes to add texture, depth and dimension, was the perfect compliment to the surrounding decor. The flowers on the cake are live flowers. To my excitement...I received a thank you email from Brittany and Joel the very next day...(like they didn't have other things to do)! I very much appreciated them taking time to express their pleasure with their wedding cake. I sincerely enjoyed working with these two and hope to see them every year on a return trip to Hilton Head.

On to the photos of their cake followed by their email:




Sheri,
We just wanted to thank you so much for making our wedding cake look so great. It was absolutely beautiful and we adored what you did with the flower arrangement on the cake. Everyone said that it was the BEST CAKE they have ever had at a wedding. Honestly, all 3 layers were outstanding!!! People were looking for leftovers to take home, but there were none. (hahah). Thanks again.
Brittany and Joel Burnett
-No Brittany and Joel- Thank You!


Theresa and Jan- Wexford Clubhouse- Hilton Head Island, SC

This couple is soooooo lovely! I met with Theresa and her family earlier this year and truly felt blessed to know them. I adore Theresa and her sense of style. She definitely wanted a 1950's Hollywood theme and from what I saw at her reception set up, she absolutely knew how to pull it off!!
Most of my clients opt for hand made sugar flowers in lieu of live flowers on their cakes for two main reasons. One: it's neat to say your entire cake is edible Two: you can keep the flowers forever. You can put the same flowers on your 50th anniversary cake if you keep them in room temperatures and out of direct sun light.
It was really important to Theresa's father to include sugar flowers on her cake. He loved them as an art form and wanted only the best for his daughter and her stylish plans for her wedding. Sadly, Theresa lost her father in the weeks leading up to her wedding. My heart prays for emotional healing and recovery for Theresa and her family. It was bittersweet to create the flowers for this cake, but I get comfort in knowing Theresa will be able to keep and treasure these flowers forever as they were definitely a gift from her father.

Theresa and Jan, may your hearts stay strong together, forever! All my best ~Sheri






Natalia and Adam- Hampton Hall Club- Bluffton, SC

Natalia and Adam.....style style style!! I was FLOORED by the beauty of your wedding reception decor! I was definitely in the know all along about the way they were planning to execute their reception decor...but I NEVER could have imagined it pulled together like this! Ivory, white and gold illuminated the beautiful Hampton Hall Club. Raven Clark pulled this affair together and A to Zinnias provided stunning floral centerpieces I couldn't stop staring at!

I created sugar flowers for Adam and Natalia's cake as well. Hydrangea, Orchids and Peonies draped from their 5 tier ivory cake with pearlized white accents.

Beautiful style, beautiful couple- Congratulations!






Bria and Aaron- Private Home- Hilton Head Island, SC

A destination Hilton Head wedding is always super fun, especially when the couple is pulling beach into the day! Here we get lots of requests for beach theme wedding cakes...I strive to create every one of them differently and uniquely. Bria and Aaron selected a beach design with pearls, baubles and shells displayed in a very chic and modern way. I was happy to see them upon delivery and hear their happy approval of their wedding cake design. Congratulations Bria and Aaron! I very much enjoyed meeting you and your beautiful family!





Kristin and Taylor- Daufuskie Island, SC

Kristin and Taylor also travelled to Hilton Head Island to enjoy the beach and naturally beautiful surroundings. Their beach theme cake included shells and bubbles displayed in a more flowing asymetrical fashion than the previous beach cake. I was also fortunate to meet Kristin and her family upon delivery and was excited to hear them express their love of the cake. I really admire my destination clients for having faith and trust in my design ability. It is difficult to know what you are getting when telephone and internet are your options for planning from afar. Thank you again for letting me take part in your special day. I'm happy to have had the opportunity to meet you!

No comments: