Sunday, March 8, 2009

A Tea for Tutu



Hilton Head Dance Theatre put together an amazing event on February 21 called Tea for Tutu. The event was held at Windows on the Waterway on Hilton Head Island. Tea for Tutu is a couture event and fashion show featuring fashion from incredible designers and boutiques in the LowCountry areas.

The event raised money and awareness of the Hilton Head Dance Theatre and helped celebrate fashion, in both tutu couture and everyday womens fashion.

Tea for Tutu also held a runway fashion show directed by The Tucker Agency.


I was delighted to be asked to create a vintage tutu cake for the event!

Now, when you create a tutu made from cake, you can't just create it and deliver it....you have to make it special! I enlisted the help of my friend and photographer, Kellie McCann.


Kellie was kind enough to come over to the shop on a Saturday morning to shoot my tutu cake. I felt so special...getting a photo shoot for the cake! As soon as they become available to me, I will post her beautiful photos in a separate blog.


I wanted to share photos that I took, with my little point and shoot, of the actual photo shoot....yes, we had a photo shoot of the photo shoot!!


Enjoy! More tutu photos coming soon!
















No comments: